Tuesday, February 28, 2006

JPop: Discovery Of Asian Music

As most of my friends and family know, I'm a big fan of Asian music. The biggest problem I encounter with introducing Asian music to somebody is that they balk out right away because it's in another language. Anyways, I was listening to Olivia, a Japanese singer and I realized that most of her songs are in English. I was thinking about it and a lot of Asian singers have songs in English.

So I will introduce all of you to some Japanese music. :)

OLIVIA (Olivia Lufkin) [ Taken from Wiki.ThePPN ]

She is an artist on the avex trax label that had a highly acclaimed debut album Synchronicity in December of 2000. Her captivating songs and offbeat personality has attracted many fans. Her second album The Lost Lolli was released in February 2004.

She is a favorite of mine and it's nice that most of her songs are in English.

I recommend!





Utada Hikaru [ Taken from Wiki.ThePPN ]

Utada Hikaru is one of Japan's most successful artists of all time, and has sold over an estimated 40,000,000 records. She is completely bilingual as she was raised in both New York and Tokyo. Utada Hikaru is also known in the west under her English language project name 'Utada'.

You can buy some North American albums of her. She sang the main title song for the game Kingdom Hearts.

[ Links ]
Wiki.ThePPN