Thursday, February 02, 2006

Trip: Thursday - Back to Kamakura

So today I woke up pretty late because of my cold and my adventure last night. I decided to go back to Kamakura to visit some more.

I stopped at Kita-Kamakura first. I went to the Engaku-Ji temple.



As you can see, it does not look like much from here. But once you get up those stairs...



This temple is very big, it has many buildings and imagery to die for. The great thing about visiting during the week, there is a lot less people around. It was very quiet and it felt good to be away from the city.



The cemetery was just amazing to see.



If you ever come to Kamakura, stop in Kita-Kamakura first, it's worth it.

I later went to Kamakura to shop but there was not much interesting. I was quite happy with my day today. Tomorrow? Probably Kyoto.