Thursday, February 02, 2006

Trip: Wednesday - Earthquake

So yesterday was a normal work day, but after work, while coming back to the Hotel, I got stuck. There were a lot of talking in the intercom of the train, more than usual. When we got to out stop, everybody got out and onto the other one. I decided to follow since I had no clue what was going. But 2 hours , I was still waiting on the bus when somebody on the intercom mentioned something and yet again everybody got out. I must of had a look of a very lost person because this Japanese came up to me and asked me if I understood what was going on. He tried to tell me that there had been an earthquake and the line was closed.

So I got out of the train and there was one heck of a lot of people. I got out of the train station and went for some grub. I ate and waited a bit until most of the people had left by bus. I went back in to see if I could find some answers. None in english. I called our english contact here in Japan and gave the phone to the police officer for him to explain the situation to my contact.

In the end, I managed to get to the hotel by bus, 4 hours later.