Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blog: Flock

You might have noticed that some of my post are a bit different from the others. I've been using the beta version of Flock. A browser based on Firefox which is great for bloggers. I'm also going to change the way I present my posts... Gone are the links at the bottom of the post.

Pros

  1. It has a bar for your Flickr photos (you can upload to Flickr directly in the browser.
  2. Blogging software in the browser
  3. Snippets which is a bar at the bottom which you can drag and drop pretty much anything from a web page. You can even use tghese snippets to blog. 

Cons

  1. It's in beta, so it's a bit unstable.
  2. Event if it's based on Firefox, you can't use Firefox extensions, they need to be modified.
  3. The favorites are quite different, you can't have any sub folders. Now I carry around a lot of favorites and I use sub folders quite often.
  4. Did I say that it's in beta?
I don't know if I'll continue on using it, but I'm pleased with the features it brings.

technorati tags: