Monday, July 18, 2005

Fantasia: Breaking News Review

I am glad my cousin convinced me to go as this movie was very entertaining. It’s the Chinese version of Die Hard! No joke, this movie is none stop action! A good thing as I was pretty tired when I went to see it and I was afraid of falling asleep but it kept me awake no problem.

Story:
The story is about detective Cheung tracking a gang through the streets of Hong Kong. But it all goes sour when the gang escapes and the whole fight was caught by local TV news casters. Embarresed by their failure, the police decide to use the TV media to help them regain some credibility back. That’s the git of it, there is more but I don’t want to spoil too much.

Acting:
I enjoyed most of the acting, Nick Cheung was great as detective Cheung, he’s one bad ass cop and I loved Kelly Chen as Inspector Rebecca, she reminded me of Colombo, very calm and, well, she has the same eyes : ). But the star of this movie is Richie Jun as Yuan, the leader of the gang. Wow, I loved all of his scenes. He plays a great bad guy.

Type of movie:
This is an all action pack movie. None stop action. There is some comedy, but just enough to not make it into a full blown comedy movie, just like Die Hard.

Conclusion:
A nice action movie, story wise, it could be a bit better but still a nice movie to sit through with some popcorn.

Verdict:
As an action movie and it’s little quirky moments, I give it an B+, it is worth seeing.

Links:
Fantasia movie site
Main website